PROJECT AMBER (Accelerated Mission for Better Employment and Retention) is a joint initiative of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Generation India Foundation (GIF) under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
This project is co-funded by MSDE and private philanthropy and aims to train 30,000 youth, 50% of whom will be women trainees. The training will be conducted in Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK’s) across 70 districts, in post-COVID resilient job roles, over a period of two years, Generation’s holistic 7-step skilling methodology will be utilised to drive higher quality skilling, improved employment, and retention outcomes.
PROJECT AMBER Highlights
- This is a blended financing model bringing part funding from the Government and private sector, thus, making it a unique public-private partnership.
- The overall objective of the project is to improve job placement and retention outcomes. AMBER by virtue of its project design, adopts an outcomes-based approach where the stakeholders are rewarded for outcomes.
- Project AMBER will utilise Generation’s unique 7-step methodology to provide an end-to-end solution for enhancing skill development outcomes in India. Basis the evidence from NSDC and Generation India’s partnership since 2018, a comprehensive and unique set of activities have been designed for the overall project implementation which would enhance the Return on Investment for learners and employers.
- Under this project, we are working with the objective to design a scalable and sustainable model of skill development.
Sectors & Job Roles
|Healthcare||General Duty Assistant||Click Here|
|IT/TeS||Junior Full Stack Java Developer||Click Here|
|Retail||Retail Sales Associate||Click Here|
|Telecom||Customer Care Executive||Click Here|
|Textiles||Sewing Machine Operator||Click Here|
|Healthcare||Hospital Front Desk Executive||Click Here|
|Green Jobs||Solar PV Installer||Click Here|
|Hospitality||Food & Beverage Steward||Click Here|
AMBER is a scalable and sustainable model of skill development that supports inclusive growth and development to ensure better outcomes and institutional strengthening in India using Generation’s innovative methodology.
Benefits/Advantages of Project AMBER
- An opportunity for young learners to be a part of a larger transformative mission that is there to create a better future for them.
- Be a part of this larger learning community of 30000 learners and get trained and placed into life-changing careers that can help you fulfil your dreams.
- This programme prepares participants to become successful General Duty Assistants in the healthcare industry and supports them to achieve sustainable careers.
- The aim of this programme is to provide learners with the foundational skills required to target entry-level roles in web development.
- This programme prepares participants to become successful Retail Sales Associates in the Retail industry, with a strong focus on customer service and strategies for increasing sales.
- This programme aims to build the capacity of individuals for providing effective customer service support.
- The objective of this programme is to train learners to oversee the administrative duties at the facility. Their responsibility primarily includes moving the patients through the registration and checkout process.